Dear Advance Physical Therapy Family:
Our team at Advance Physical Therapy, Inc. sincerely values the health and well-being of our staff, patients and our community. The safety and health of our patients are always our priority and we continue to assess how we can provide the highest level of care in a safe environment.
The Department of Homeland Security and state governments have deemed physical therapy an essential service in health care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are open at both our Redwood City and Sunnyvale clinic locations.
We are taking extensive preventative measures, guided by the CDC and our state guidelines, to protect our patients and staff during treatment sessions.
We hope that by providing this information, you can make an informed decision to either continue your plan of care in the clinic with us or consider online Telehealth sessions with us during this time. Telehealth is an audio/visual consultation between you and your therapist. This online platform will be used to progress your exercise program, modify your form/function and body mechanics in your own surroundings, guide you through various movement based treatments and adjust your treatment plan.
Please contact our front office to schedule your physical therapy visits and/or convert them into Telehealth visits. All insurances including Aetna, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Cigna, Medicare and United Healthcare are covering Telehealth sessions so that patients can continue their physical therapy treatments.
We will be implementing the following safety protocols at our clinics:
- Adhering to the latest CDC guidelines, including frequent hand washing throughout the day, particularly before and after each patient; patients will hand wash before treatment sessions start.
- Sterilizing all clinic surfaces and treatment equipment with medical-grade disinfectants throughout the day and in between treatment sessions.
- Screening all patients, clinicians and team members for potential Coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure including temperature scanning.
- Adhering to recommended social-distance practices when not delivering hands-on care.
- Limiting the number of people in the clinic.
- Staggering patient scheduling which will allow treatments to be performed with a social distancing of at least 8-10 feet.
- Patients and staff will be required to wear masks and gloves during treatment sessions.
Our goal is to get you back to wellness. Therefore, whatever your treatment goals may be, we believe the single-biggest factor for a successful recovery from injury is completing the recommended course of care.
Stay well and safe!
Advance Physical Therapy, Inc.